Reading TKAM Chs. 6 & 7
Please read Chapters 6 and 7 in TKAM and complete the Socratic Seminar Packet for Monday.
Chapter Six and Seven Seminar Questions
1. Describe the latest scheme in the “Boo Radley” game. How has the tone of the “game” changed?
2. How does Miss Stephanie Crawford represent the ignorance of the time period in the scene after the gunshot in the garden?
3. How does Jem’s outlook on life begin to shift after the gunshot in the garden? What is bothering him about his behavior?
4. What does the plugging up of the knothole in the tree represent to the children? To the gift giver?
5. Why does Jem cry at the end of Chapter Seven?